Thursday, August 24, 2017

ClubHouse, My Introduction to this World

Club House is a place for people with mental disabilities to go meet other people, find job opportunities  seek support, create a sense of community, and so much more.

It has been recommended I join a club house! To be honest, I am so exited! 


The Clubhouse I visited is suppose to be one of the best around (or so I've been told). I was very anxious about it. 
It was a beautiful building on a pretty little hill with lots of flowers all around. I really nice guy was our tour guide and I have to say, I was very impressed! There was an aria dedicated to finding work, help with work, and furthering your education. The cafeteria was beautiful. The front office was neat and welcoming. Upstairs was where I felt at home. It was very artistic, the walls where decorated with art available to sell created by members. I also found out there is a twice a year gallery show of the art! I am so in to that, it sounds like so much fun! They also have a film aria, which I was so exited about! They do a news video twice a week and members collect information, interview, and get to help edit the clubhouse news. I am very ready to jump into that! Though out the club house, there are plenty of opportunities even if you're not into the artsy stuff like me. You can help prepare meals in the caff, you can work in the front office, and lots of other things!

I look forward to making many happy memories there!

No comments:

Post a Comment