Sunday, August 27, 2017

Tea Time Ramblings: Baby steps

This weeks Instagram post


This week's ramble
Overcoming things is hard. It looks so big and I find myself wondering how I'll ever do it when I stumble into one (which is quite often).
Recently, I have't been going and trying things that is not part of my day to day life. I stay at home. I go to cafes to blog. I don't get out much and experience much, I have my own safe little bubble and I like to stay there.
However, staying in that bubble always depresses me, and then I have even less motivation to go out and do things.
Fear has been a big component to me. The more I avoid doing something, the scarier it gets to do it.
Knowing this, my mother saw me sinking and brought me to one of my grate loves, and now fears.
The ocean
It was very difficult at first. I could only think of what might go wrong. Being bitten, drowning, or dyeing in general being some of my fears.
But I went in anyway. And guess what?
IT WAS TERRIFYING
I'm not going to deny it. It really was. But you know what? I kept pushing with the help of my greatest support. And pretty soon, terrifying turned to uncomfortable, and that turned to okay. By the end I even found myself having fun. I felt so much more at one with myself and the world around me. It was actually such a relief!
When we left, I still viewed the ocean as scary, but I also thought of it as a friend. And I think after a few more times, I'm feel more okay.


This weeks outfits
Really liking the flowy shawls this week


This weeks look


This weeks adventures

I have decided to try drinking some herbal teas. This will be nice in the afternoon when I shouldn't be drinking caffeine. The first one I tried was this True Blueberry tea from this cute little sampler by Celestial Teas. I will have that blogpost up soon!




I tried a new game on my 3DS (this one works on a regular DS as well)! It is called Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy. It is a really cool puzzle game, I haven't finished it yet, but it really makes you think with your common sense!
This game's graphics reminds me so much of studio Ghibli (maker of Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Princess Mananoke and many more)
It has that whimsical magical beautiful aspect.



I also visited a yarn shop called Wool Works this week! I have been here before, but it was a very long time ago. It is so cute! They have so many yarns and I wanted to buy well more then my budget would allow. I also took some time and got to sit down and knit with some lovely ladies and it was fun hearing their stories. I'd like to go more regularly as it was a grate motivator to knit when everyone else is knitting too~!



Lesson of the week
You know, with recovery I see a lot of people (including myself) who want a instant fix. Even if it's a more painful fix, like facing your fear and then being perfectly okay with it after that. Grand even.
But I don't thing that's how it works. I think it's a lot of little baby steps. Leaving the ocean still feeling a little afraid is somewhat disappointing, however, I'm pretty content. I look forward to going again and again and again till it's okay again and enjoying the journey as much as I can. 
Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment