Friday, May 5, 2017

Up Atop a Hill

My windowsill garden


It's spring, the grass is green and the flowers are blooming. There are a lot of garden shops around and open. So where to get my herbs?

My Grandmother had met someone 9 years ago at the visiter center of Rhode Island. She said that she had an herb garden and was very friendly. I looked her up.

And that's how I found myself on a little gravel road tucked away in Smithfield Rhode Island. At the top of the hill was "High on a Hill herb gardens".

It was beautiful. It was the sort of place that you imagine fairies inhabiting.

The woman who owned it, Ruth Pacheco, was so sweet and friendly and answered my questions on some different herbs and showed me around. She seemed to know exactly what I was looking for. She guided my amateur self and treated me kindly, offering all sorts of guidance on this new adventure. I hope to go back soon.

Here are the herbs I got:




And my little helper 




No comments:

Post a Comment